Next week, Jisc RSC in the UK will be hosting a free online conference to discuss open badges, MOOCs and OERs over three days using the same Blackboard platform we used to host the Open Badges MOOC:
Tuesday, 3 December 10:00 - Thursday, 5 December 16:00
Are Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), open badges and open educational resources (OER) the future of learning?
Join us online to ask if open education can provide opportunities for new knowledge and collaboration. Can it challenge the existing education system? We’ll hear from the frontline from those already exploring these issues.
#RSCOnline13 - Follow the highlights on Storify
- Yishay Mor from the Open University will report on the first ever project-based MOOC on learning design and reflect on successes and lessons learned
- Doug Belshaw of the Mozilla Foundation will speak on the original Open badges concept and why you should use them, while Grainne Hamilton of Jisc RSC Scotland will bring together experiences of organisations using badges in Scotland
- Cyberfeminists Radhika Gajjala and C.L. Cole, of Bowling Green State University and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, will explore the potential of open source education to transform and shift hierarchies within the education system following their DOCC (Distributed Open Collaborative Course) model
- Terry McAndrew from the Higher Education Academy will outline the innovative results of opening the approach to developing OER with staff and students
- Anna Gruszczynska of Sheffield Hallam University will question whether OER are as ‘open’ as possible and highlight the importance of removing barriers to learners with disabilities in order to improve access for all students
- And lots more!
Register for all or some of the sessions to hear about the first-hand experiences of learning providers exploring online learning, open badges and OER. Find out the benefits, the successes, the challenges and the lessons learned.
Through attending this online conference, you’ll gain a wider knowledge of the practicalities of implementing these ideas, as well as the chance to explore the wider theoretical questions around their use.
*** BOOK YOUR PLACE IN THE EVENT USING THIS LINK ***
*** THEN BOOK YOUR SESSIONS VIA THIS SURVEY MONKEY LINK ***