Until we have flawless integration methods for displaying your Open Badges on your various social media and networking profiles, we will try our best to share with you any “long-cuts” to getting your badges out there.
This particular tip came from Grainne Hamilton, an e-Assessment Advisor at JISC RSC Scotland.
How To: Display Badges on a LinkedIn Profile
- Go to LinkedIn and log in to your account
- Go to Edit Profile by hovering over the Profile tab in the top left
- Choose which section of your profile you want to display badges in (for example, the summary section at the top of your profile)
- Hover over the + dropdown and click Add Link
- Log in to your Open Badges Backpack and open the badge collection you want to display
- Click the Share This Group icon in the collection box and choose a social media platform to access the URL for your badge collection
- Copy the link for this page (you do not have to go through with sharing your badges if you don’t want to, just close the pop-up window after copying the link)
- Paste the link into the Add Link field in LinkedIn, add descriptor info, and save
Your LinkedIn profile will display part of the image of your first badge in the collection. You can click on this and then on the Read Original button to access the full page displaying your badges.
Awesome work, Grainne!